Residents of the Local Government District of Pinawa may be required to show their Authorization Card upon entering the Landfill Site. Authorization Cards may be obtained free of charge at the Town Office.
The Pinawa Landfill Site has tipping fees for construction and demolition materials. No resident or contractor is allowed to enter or use the landfill site unless approved and arranged with the LGD of Pinawa. Please refer to the Landfill Recycling Brochure for tipping fee amounts.
Household appliances containing freon must be tagged “Freon Free” or “CFC Free” before they can be deposited at the landfill site. Any items without this tag will be charged $25 to cover the cost of drainage. If your appliance is tagged the tipping fee will not apply. Plastic bags are no longer accepted for leaf and yard waste collection.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Thursday: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- A complete list of e-waste accepted at the Landfill can be found in the Landfill Recycling Brochure.
- These items can be taken to the Landfill Site during the hours of operation shown above.
- Please do not leave e-waste items at the Recycling Depot.
- There is no fee associated with the disposal of e-waste.
- For more information, please contact Responsible Electronics Recycling at 204-482-2111 or Recycle My Electronics.
- The Landfill Site houses a Household Hazardous Waste Building. These wastes should not be thrown away with your regular household garbage or poured down your drain. The following items are accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Building at the Landfill Site: Household paint, flammable liquids and waste gasoline, pesticides, toxics, corrosives and non-refillable fuel gas cylinders, fluorescent light bulbs. Products must be in their original container with label intact. Containers must be tightly sealed. Gasoline must be returned in approved gas can or jerry can. Do not mix different types of products together. We cannot accept commercial, industrial or agricultural products; fertilizer, mercury switches, automotive paint, craft paint, paint in glass containers, brushes, rags and rollers, refillable propane cylinders, ammunition, drugs and medicines, caulking compound, diesel, medical sharps, insect repellants, disinfectants and pet products, cosmetics.
- Oil is not accepted at the Pinawa Landfill Site or the Recycling Depot.
- Oil can be taken to the #313 Transfer Station, located on PR Highway 313 near the PR 520 junction).