By-Law / Dog Control Officer
Dog Control By-law #846-19
Service Request Form
You are permitted to have domesticated animals as pets, such as dogs, with the maximum allowed being three. You can help keep your pet safe by following these rules.
- All dogs must be licensed. You can purchase a dog license at the LGD of Pinawa Municipal Office.
- Animals are not allowed to run at large or trespass on public or private property. They must be contained on your yard or on a leash.
- Dogs are not allowed to disturb the peace by barking or howling.
- Dogs must be leashed when walking or exercising your pet.
- Please pick up waste if your animal has defecated on public or private property and dispose of it in a garbage can.
- The owner of every dog shall, within 3 weeks of obtaining a dog, or within 3 weeks of becoming a resident of the Town of Pinawa, register the dog at the Municipal Office by purchasing a Dog License.
Failure to purchase the required license is a violation of the LGD of Pinawa.
How To Purchase a Dog License
- Complete the Application for Dog License
- Visit the Municipal Office
- Bring proof of a current rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinarian.
- Pay the license fee of $33 per dog
- If your dog is already registered with the LGD of Pinawa, you will not be given a new tag. New registrations will receive a tag with the LGD of Pinawa and a number on it. This number will be linked to your dog. Place the tag on the collar of the dog. If you lose the tag you can get a replacement for a cost of $2.