A maximum of (2) garbage containers are allowed per home on garbage day, size restrictions outlined in By-law 796-15.
No loose garbage is allowed in containers. Persons occupying a Residential Premise may place for curbside collection, additional containers of Household Waste by purchasing Surcharge Tags for $3.00 each. These tags are available at the Municipal Office. Additional containers of Landfill Waste at the curb for collection which do not have a Surcharge Tag will not be collected.
Please remember the following on collection day.
Place cart with wheels to the curb
- Do not overfill
- Do not place items on top of the cart
- Do not place non-recyclable items in the cart
- Make sure there is a 3ft. perimeter around the cart
Shredded Paper may be put in a bag and placed on top of your recycling in your cart. Please clearly mark the bag "Shredded Paper".
NO Rubbermaid products, caulking tubes, plastic or foam dishes, motor oil jugs, grocery bags, plastic wrap, styrofoam, toys or other durable plastics.
*Please do not include foam, plastic packaging, plastic bags, plastic wrap, and “blisterpak” plastics (e.g. the rigid clear plastic packaging on toys and other products). For more information you can also visit Simply Recycle.
In Manitoba, plastic bags are not accepted in your recycling bin. Fortunately, many retailers in Manitoba accept your used plastic bags. Remember, reduce your use of plastic bags by bringing a reusable option, reuse “singe-use” bags for household garbage, pet waste and other items, and finally, recycle the ones already in your home. For a full list of drop-off locations, please visit Simply Recycle.
Residents may take extra recycling to the Recycling Depot, located approximately 1.5 km West of Pinawa on the South side of Highway 211. Extra recycling may be placed in the bins located outside of the Recycling Depot. Residents are asked to clean, bundle, and flatten various items before taking them to the Depot.
For more information please contact the Recycling Depot at 204-753-2491, during regular hours of operation - Monday – Friday; 8 am – Noon, 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm.
Common reasons for missed pick-up
Wondering why we missed picking up your recycling bin? Here are the most common reasons:
- Carts were not set out by 8:00 am on your collection day
- Your cart was placed incorrectly
- Unacceptable items were in your recycling bin
- Your cart was overfilled (unable to close the lid)
- Items were placed on top of your cart
Yard waste pickup will occur every Monday, with the exception of statutory holidays.
The following must be adhered to for yard waste pickup
- Small materials such as leaves and plants should be placed in clearly marked certified paper bags, or in reusable containers
- Branches must be bundled and tied and should not exceed 4 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter.
- Plastic bags are no longer accepted for leaf and yard waste collection